DNP 810 Topic 2 Case Study Part 1 GCU New
You will be creating a case study in stages over four course topics. Use an example from your own personal practice, experience, or own personal/family; however, simulated cases are not acceptable for practice hours and therefore not acceptable for this assignment. Examples might include a patient with Duchesne’s muscular dystrophy. Huntington’s disease, Down’s syndrome, sickle cell anemia, BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 mutations, or other genetic disorder that you and/or the organization in which you practice may specialize in treating.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
For this assignment (Part 1 of the “Case Study”), write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) incorporating genetics information learned from assigned readings in Topics 1 and 2. Include the following:
- Description of the disease, its prevalence, and its incidence.
- Discussion of laboratory testing that is possible.
- Guidelines and reasons behind the FDA regulations for introducing new pharmaceutical agents (policy).
- The role that money and grants play in scientific advances; the economics of health care (capitalism).
- The role and involvement family plays into the health care decision.
It may be possible to earn portfolio practice immersion hours for this assignment. Enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-810
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I also have tracked said practice immersion hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.