DNP 810 Topic 4 Genetic Counseling GCU New
With the increase in knowledge around genetic issues, it is important that all health care providers are prepared to have thorough genetic-based discussions now with their patients. In this assignment, you will synthesize your knowledge into a client case with a real or potential genetic health-related illness.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) addressing a client case that might benefit from the process of genetic counseling. Describe the reason for the genetic counseling based on the findings from your completion of the family health portrait. Discuss the possible reactions the patient may have to your counseling and how to avoid negative reactions.
Imagine this assignment as if you are giving this counseling to a patient. Discuss the following:
- Selection of treatment
- Monitoring of treatment effectiveness
It may be possible to earn portfolio practice immersion hours for this assignment. Enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Immersion Hours Completion Statement DNP-810
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I also have tracked said practice immersion hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.
There are no reviews yet.