TSL 552 Topic 1 Slideshow on Literacy in Bilingual Settings GCU
This assignment is intended to help students analyze key concepts and terminology related to literacy and biliteracy in P-12 bilingual settings while also exploring appropriate, effective techniques for embedding biliteracy into P-12 bilingual classrooms.
Create a 10-15 slide digital presentation on literacy
n bilingual settings in digital format (e.g., PowerPoint, Prezi) to be presented at a faculty meeting or to be shared with your mentor teacher. Your presentation should include the following:
- The definition of literacy
- Key terminology related to literacy in bilingual settings
- The effect of culture on literacy in bilingual settings
- The effect of related literacy domains, including reading, writing, listening, speaking, and language on bilingual settings
- At least four research-based strategies or techniques teachers can use to embed biliteracy into P-12 bilingual settings
Include title page, presenter’s notes, and a reference slide that contains three to five sources from the required readings or the GCU Library that support your ideas.
One scholarly reference could include an interview of your mentor teacher at a school in which you are involved.
Log the time that you spend interacting with your mentor teacher on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.