DNP 810 Topic 8 Practice Immersion Hours Portfolio GCU New
The Typhon Tracking System will be used to document and follow the status of your practice immersion hours throughout this and every subsequent course. Learners must be able to document a minimum of 50 concurrently or previously logged practice hours in association with this course, which will contribute to fulfillment of the total required 1,000 post-baccalaureate practice hours by the conclusion of the program. Review the Practice Immersion Hours Portfolio Required Elements below, then review the “Guidelines for Graduate Field Experience Manual” document in the DC Network for details on what may/may not qualify as practice hours.
Practice Immersion Hours Portfolio Required Elements
The Practice Hours Portfolio (using the Typhon Student Tracking System) will include all the following elements:
- Individual Success Plan signed off by mentor.
- Comprehensive clinical log of hours applied to doctoral-level learning outcomes.
- Learner evaluations (final).
- Practice mentor evaluations (final).
- Current and updated CV (update each course as necessary).
- Faculty approvals of the Individual Success Plan and documented practice immersion hours. (Learner is responsible for obtaining approvals.)
- Practice mentor’s approval of the Individual Success Plan and documented practice immersion hours. (Learner is responsible for obtaining approvals.)
Practice Immersion Hours Completion Statement
Learners will track their practice hours within the Typhon Tracking System throughout each course and via the “Practice Hours Completion Statement” assignment provided in this assignment.
Complete the following statement in a Word document, submit to the instructor, and complete the Typhon Tracking System entries appropriate for this course.
Create a Word document with the following text:
Practice Immersion Hours Completion Statement DNP-810
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this course. I also have tracked said practice immersion hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.