SPD 310 Topic 4 Clinical Field Experience A GCU
SPD 310 Topic 4 Clinical Field Experience A: Interview and Observation
Reciprocal and respectful collaboration and communication are important when building an effective team environment for a special education teacher, the general education teacher, and paraeducators.
Allocate at least 2.5 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Observe, interview, and collaborate with a certified special education teacher in a Grade 4-8 public or private inclusion or resource special education setting. Address the following:
- What is one type of co-teaching model have you used?
- Did your co-teaching experience go well using that model? If so, why do you feel it worked well? If not, what advice do you have for someone planning to use that model?
- What strategies have you used that have been effective in co-teaching?
- How do you handle a situation in which a co-teaching model is not working?
- Which co-teaching model do you feel is most effective with your students? Why?
- What advice do you have for someone when first beginning a co-teaching model?
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
In 250-500 words, summarize your mentor teacher’s feedback and suggestions, along with your classroom experiences. Explain how you will use all these experiences in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Document the locations and hours you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form to the LMS in the last topic. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.
There are no reviews yet.