PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 3 Complete Work
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 3 Discussion 1
List 3-5 of the most significant decisions you have made in your lifetime. To what degree did your emotions play a role in those decisions?
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 3 Discussion 2
What is “emotional intelligence” (EQ)? How does it compare to IQ? How can it help you? Is one more valuable than the other?
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 3 Assignment 1
Persuasive Essay: Thesis Statement Worksheet
Review “How Do I Develop a Thesis?” in the media piece “The Writing Process.”
Write your thesis statement in the box below:
Consider the following questions when developing the thesis statement for your essay. These criteria will be applied when this assignment is graded. The answer to each of the 5 questions below should be yes if you have drafted a quality thesis statement.
1) Does the thesis statement respond to the writing prompt?
2) Did you take a position that others may oppose?
3) Is the thesis statement specific?
4) Does the thesis pass the “So what?” test?
5) Does the thesis statement not leave the reader with questions?
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 3 Assignment 2
Five Thinking Errors Worksheet
1) Read Thinking Activity 2.5 on page 41 of the text.
2) Complete the table using the information from the text. An example has been provided for you in red.
3) You must use a total of four thinking errors (not including the example given).
4) GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment’s drop box. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
|Thinking Error/ Description
|Example of Each Error From Personal Life||How did the thinking error affect your critical thinking?
|How could you manage the emotions associated with this thinking error in the future?|
|Personalization: When a person thinks everything is about him or her.
|My boss frowned and I wondered what I had done to upset her.
|I allowed the emotion to manage my thoughts, rather than me questioning my initial emotional assumption.
|Question and maybe even check my assumption about the cause.|