NUR 502 Grand Canyon Week 7 Complete Work
NUR 502 Grand Canyon Week 7 Discussion 1
The influence of consequential ethics as an ethical framework (the greatest good for the greatest number) opposes the ethical principle of deontology (i.e., the rightness of an act itself determines what is right). Both of these impact the nursing profession. Modern social exchange theories are based on the principle of utility. Read the assumptions of social exchange theory and consider how these would affect the nurse-patient relationship, compared to how these impact the nurse within the health care environment. To what extent are all theories ethical? Is social exchange theory compatible with the values of the nursing profession?
NUR 502 Grand Canyon Week 7 Discussion 2
Which among the learning theories provided you with new information? How would you apply this in your practice?
NUR 502 Grand Canyon Week 7 Assignment
Collaborative Learning Community: Grand Nursing
This is a CLC assignment.
In your group, write a report on the chosen theorist/theory that includes the following:
- Introduction: Identify the theorist and rationale for the selection.
- Describe the theorist (short biography and major influences on the theorist).
- Indicate the category under which the theorist falls (can use McEwen & Wills classification or other source).
- Incorporate assumptions underlying the theory (including how metaparadigm concepts are defined).
- Include major concepts of the theory.
- Include major propositions of the theory.
- Provide examples from the literature of how the theory has been used.
- Describe how the theory will be integrated into practice at your institution (or how it will be used as a foundation, framework, etc.). This is an action plan.
- Give concrete examples of how theory would be integrated (e.g., assessment guide) and what patient outcomes could be measured as a result of implementing the theory.
- Conclusion: Contrast present practice with what would take place if the theory were guiding the practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the GCU APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Have one member of the CLC post the Grand Theorist Report in the Module 8 Discussion Forum.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.