MIS 690 Topic 2 CLC Data Needs Identification and Data Acquisition GCU
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Now that you have identified the business problem and translated it into an analytics problem, you can now identify the data needs and acquire the data.
Provide a draft outline that identifies the data needs and addresses the following questions:
- What is needed? Be specific for each variable (e.g., Monthly Sales last 12 months, Number of Monthly Customers last 12 months).
- How can the data be obtained? When can the data be obtained?
- For each data variable, identify the specific type: Are they measured data (continuous, e.g., how long does a customer stay in the retail store?) or counted data (discrete, e.g., how many customers came to the store from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.?).
- Assess whether the available data can be used to address the specific analytics problem statement identified in the Topic 1 assignment.
- Provide the raw data that you will be using for subsequent assignments. Place the dataset into an Excel file. Ensure that column headers are provided that clearly identify the meaning of each data variable. As needed, provide the necessary information in the file so data values can be interpreted. If there are concerns about proprietary issues related to using company data, you can change your data set accordingly.
Synthesize the information from your draft outline to complete, in 750-1,000 words, the relevant components in the Data Understanding, Acquisition, and Preprocessing section of the “Capstone Project Thesis Template.”
Submit the draft outline, raw data Excel file, and the updated “Capstone Project Thesis Template.”
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.