MIN 822 Topic 7 Contemporary Theology and Trends in Christian Ministry GCU
There are many trends in religion and theology in the present era. Each of those trends has an influence on orthodox Christianity. Therefore, it is imperative that Christian ministry leaders understand these trends and prepare reasoned responses to them. In this assignment, you will expand on your evaluation and response to a contemporary theology by viewing the theology with regard to ethics, controversies in ministry, the multicultural church, or the church as a sanctuary.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source, be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Present a revised version (1,250-1,500 words total) of the Contemporary Theology and Orthodoxy paper that makes improvements in the caliber of the writing and incorporates instructor feedback regarding content and writing. Include the following in your submission:
- A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process, including how you incorporated the instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
- The revised paper that incorporates instructor feedback; clarifies the thesis statement and solidifies supporting arguments; edits for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjusts word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjusts sentence structure for improved readability.
Write an additional 1,000-1,250 words in which you view the contemporary theology you chose for the previous paper with regard to ethics, controversy in Christian ministry, the multicultural church, or the church as a sanctuary. This section should flow naturally from the revised paper. You may need to revise your introduction and thesis statement to allow the ideas to connect. Include the following in your paper:
- A brief overview of the trend or issue in Christian ministry (ethics, controversy in Christian ministry, the multicultural church, or the church as a sanctuary) that you will be addressing in connection with the contemporary theology from your previous paper.
- A research-supported analysis of the way in which the trend or issue in Christian ministry has developed as a result of the contemporary theology you wrote about in the Contemporary Theology and Orthodoxy paper.
- A research-supported discussion of at least two specific and suggested responses for the Christian leader to the trend or issue in Christian ministry.