MIN 822 Topic 3 Contemporary Theology and Orthodoxy GCU
There are many contemporary theologies in the present era. Each of those theologies has an influence on orthodox Christianity. Therefore, it is imperative that Christian ministry leaders understand these theologies and prepare reasoned responses to them. In this assignment, you will investigate, evaluate, and develop a response to a contemporary theology that has been addressed thus far in this course.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source, be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Select a contemporary theology: modern liberal theology, social gospel theology, liberation theology, existentialism, revivalist theology, Christian realism, feminist theology, or postmodern theology.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you investigate, evaluate, and develop a response to a contemporary theology in light of orthodox biblical teaching. Include the following in your evaluation:
- A brief overview of the theology being evaluated. What are its key beliefs? Who are the key leaders?
- An evaluation of the message of the theology in light of orthodox biblical teaching. Is the message of the theology faithful or unfaithful to orthodoxy? Why?
- An evaluation of the primary methodological differences between this theology and orthodox theology. Which, if any, of these methods are compatible with orthodoxy, and which are not? Why?
- A clearly stated, reasoned, orthodox response to this theology. Should the Christian leader support or oppose this theology? Why?