JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 2 Complete Work
JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 2 Discussion 1
What are the differences between social versus political motivations for terrorism? Support your answer with examples.
JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 2 Discussion 2
According to the textbook, list some of the characteristics of left-wing and right-wing terrorist groups in the United States. How do they choose their targets? How are these groups a terrorist threat to the United States?
JUS 524 Grand Canyon Week 2 Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis
In 250 words, formulate a draft of your purpose statement for the tactical threat analysis discussed in Module 1.
After your initial review of Anytown, USA, justify the rationale for this threat analysis:
1- How would a terrorist attack impact Anytown, USA?
2- Explain the need for a counterterrorism plan.
Refer to the Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis assignment instructions, as needed.
After your draft is submitted, the instructor will provide commentary on your draft, which you will then use as a basis for revising this section. The revised section will then become part of the complete Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis due in Module 8.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Anytown, USA: Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis
Scenario: Homeland Security has alerted the mayor of Anytown, USA about a possible terrorist attack. As police chief of Anytown, you are to compose your threat analysis for the mayor for counterterrorism purposes. This analysis will deal strictly with possible terrorist attacks on the Anytown community.
In this assignment, you will create and present a law enforcement tactical threat report based on your threat analysis of Anytown, USA using the data obtained from the simulation as well as outside research.
For a review of what a tactical threat analysis determines, review the “Law Enforcement Intelligence” guide, pages 83 and 151-153, located at .cops.usdoj.gov/pdf/e09042536.pdf”>http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/pdf/e09042536.pdf
To complete this analysis, do the following:
1) Gather and catalog data from the simulation for your final analysis. Data should include:
- a) History of Anytown
- b) Hazard assessment of community
- c) Vulnerabilities for both day and night scenarios
2) Focus on these most critical issues. Include the following:
- a) Threat Inventory and Assessment
- i) Background intelligence gathering on terrorists, including:
(1) Modus operandi
(2) Typical targets
(3) Common methods of attack
- b) Target Assessment
- i) Probable targets
(1) Blueprint layout information
(2) Inventory alert areas of targets
- c) Target Vulnerability
- i) Possible hostage situations
- ii) Working with local government and private sector
iii) Media issues
- iv) Possible military and civilian law enforcement response (Provide rationale for your counterterrorism plan)
3) Your report will include:
- a) Title page, including assignment title, name, date, instructor, and course number
- b) Purpose statement of 250 words, in which you justify your rationale for the threat analysis
- c) Three sections consisting of the following essays (directions for which are provided in other module assignments):
- i) Threat Inventory and Assessment Essay (750–1,000 words)
- ii) Target Assessment Essay (750–1,000 words)
iii) Target Vulnerability Essay (750–1,000 words)
- d) Conclusion of 250-500 words that reiterates the purpose of your analysis
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- a) Directly quoted source material may not exceed 10% of paper content.
- b) Use sources other than Wikipedia, as it is not considered an acceptable source for use in academic writing.