HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Complete Work
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Discussion 1
Discuss the concept of the normal distribution, why it is important, and what you think it means.
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Discussion 2
When students talk about “grading on the curve,” how does that apply to the normal distribution?
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Assignment 1
Broyles Textbook Practice Exercise
Complete “Practice Exercise 1” (page 157) and “Practice Exercise 11” (page 180) in the textbook. For the data set listed, use Excel to extract the mean and standard deviation for the sample of lengths of stay for cardiac patients. Use the following Excel steps:
1) Enter the data set into Excel.
2) Click on the Data tab at the top.
3) Highlight your data set with your mouse.
4) Click on the Data Analysis tab at the top right.
5) Click on Descriptive Statistics in the analysis tool list.
6) Find the mean and standard deviation of the data sets.
7) Send the results to instructor via e-mail, along with your analysis of the description of the data set.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
HLT 540 Grand Canyon Week 5 Assignment 2
Coyne and Messina Articles Part 3 Spearman Coefficient Review
1) Write a paper (750-1,000 words) regarding the use of the Spearman rank correlation coefficient by Messina, et al. in “The Relationship between Patient Satisfaction and Inpatient Admissions Across Teaching and Nonteaching Hospitals,” listed in the module readings.
2) Comment on what variables were used; whether it answered the research question; and whether the Spearman rank correlation coefficient is appropriately used, given the requirements of the Spearman rank correlation coefficient.
3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.