HCA 822 Topic 2 Analyzing the Existing Organizational Culture GCU
The chief executive officer (CEO) of a well-established health care organization has brought the organization into a period of sustained stability and profitability. However, the CEO was recently and unexpectedly released by the Board of Directors amid rumors of impropriety on the part of the CEO. You have been hired as the new CEO. During the interview process, you anecdotally assessed the culture of the organization and believe a cultural shift is in order. The magnitude of the expected shift is unclear, and you have decided to approach the Board about conducting a lengthy and costly cultural assessment to help you plan for the expected changes in culture. At risk are the stability and profitability of the organization.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the information in the module about the Organizational Culture Assessment Instrument (OCAI) and the Organizational Culture Inventory (OCI).
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Prepare a persuasive presentation (15-20 slides, exclusive of the reference list) that you could deliver to the Board of Directors explaining the rationale for and benefits of cultural assessment and your preferred assessment instrument. Speaker notes must be included for each slide. The presentation must do the following:
- Provide a persuasive argument for performing a cultural assessment of the organization leading to the improvement of the current culture at the risk of temporary instability or short-term loss of profitability.
- Provide a rationale for your choice of assessment instruments.
- Sketch a timeline for the assessment process outlining the pre-assessment communications, the assessment window, the data analysis period, and the post-assessment communications.
- Deliver a specific request for Board approval of this plan.