HCA 807 Week 2 Assignment Marketing and Segmentation Latest
Over the last half-century, the health care industry has demonstrated significant movement toward segmentation. This segmentation of the health care industry has roots in marketing management and has created health care organizations based around both organizational types and target market populations. Organizational types may be determined by a variety of factors and include institutions such as specialty hospitals and urgent care clinics. Target populations may be determined by behavior, age, medical condition, or other factors. In this assignment, you will analyze the role of marketing and segmentation in creating and changing a particular type of health care organization.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
• You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that analyzes the role of marketing and segmentation in creating and changing a particular type of health care organization. Include the following in your paper:
1. A clear identification and explanation of the type of health care organization and its target population.
2. An analysis of how marketing and segmentation in the health care industry have been determining factors in the creation of this type of organization.
3. An analysis of how this type of organization has changed under the continued influence of marketing and segmentation in the health care industry.