ECS 570 Topic 4 Assistive Technology Essay GCU
There are a variety of assistive technologies (AT) available for early childhood teachers to incorporate into instruction for students with learning disabilities.
For this assignment, choose an assistive technology device that can be used to support the development of language, literacy or communication skills in either an early childhood inclusive preschool setting, or a K-3 inclusive classroom. In a 750-1,000 word essay:
- Include a description of the setting you have selected.
- Include a picture or illustration of the AT device you have chosen.
- Describe the device and its uses.
- Explain how it is beneficial to children with development delays.
- Describe how you could implement the device in your classroom.
- Reflect on the challenges of implementing assistive technologies in the classroom. Consider how you will seek resources or assistance in learning the device and how to best use it to help the students be successful in their learning environment.
Support your essay with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the exceptions for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.