CWV 101 All DQs Week 1 to Week 7
CWV 101 Week 1 DQ 1
Recall a time when you met someone with a different worldview than yours and you had a difficult time relating.
1. What challenges did you have relating to that person?
2. How might an understanding of the other’s worldview have helped you in that situation?
CWV 101 Week 1 DQ 2
As a basis for responding to this discussion question, watch one of the following films:
2. The Book of Eli
3. It’s a Wonderful Life
5. God’s Not Dead
6. Star Wars (any)
7. Star Trek (any)
After viewing one of the films, answer the following two questions. Before you post, change the title of the post to include the title of the movie you are discussing.
1. What is one worldview depicted in the movie?
2. Which character(s) held that worldview?
3. Provide at least two quotes or scene descriptions from the movie to defend your point.
CWV 101 Week 2 TOPIC 2 DQ1
1. Where do atheism and Christianity agree and disagree on views of the origin of the universe?
2. What difference might someone’s belief about the origin of the universe make in how the person lives his or her life?
CWV 101 Week 2 TOPIC 2 DQ2
1. Explain who God is to the Christian using at least three characteristics of God.
2. Why are the characteristics of God so important to the Christian worldview?
CWV 101 Week 3 DQs
The Christian worldview provides an explanation for human nature and the story of the creation and fall (Gen 1-3). A great deal of the suffering that people experience and much of “man’s inhumanity to man” are explained by this description of the fall of human nature. Is this characterization of human nature accurate? Why or why not? If not, what is an alternative explanation?
Explain how your reaction to terrorist attacks like 9/11, disasters like the tsunami of 2004, or epidemics like the 2014 Ebola outbreak might have caused you to reassess your worldview.
CWV 101 Week 4 DQs
According to the Bible and the Christian worldview, Jesus was fully God and fully human. Interacting with the readings, especially Philippians 2:5-11 and Hebrews 1:1-3, explain why this teaching of Jesus’ full divinity and full humanity is important to Christianity.
Read the parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) and answer the following questions:
1. What do you believe is the main theme Jesus is communicating?
2. Explain the three principal characters. Which do you identify with the most, and why?
CWV 101 Week 5 DQs
After reading the account of the resurrection of Christ in Luke 24, and again in the assigned textbook chapters, express why the resurrection is so important to the Christian worldview.
1. According to the Christian worldview, how does one gain eternal life? Use Bible verses to support your understanding.
2. How does this Christian concept of hope for the afterlife differ from that concept in other worldviews?
CWV 101 Week 6 DQs
It is very popular to say “everything is relative,” “all religions are the same,” “there are many ways to god,” and “everyone has the right to believe whatever they want.” But Jesus made claims such as the following:
John 14:6: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (NIV).
Matthew 7:13-14: “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it” (NIV).
Is it possible to reconcile the popular beliefs listed with the claims Jesus made? Why or why not?
1. How would you explain how a good, loving, and all-powerful God allows suffering and evil in his creation?
2. Cite a specific example of suffering and/or evil that you have seen or experienced.
CWV 101 Week 7 DQs
After reviewing the sidebar about finding your purpose in chapter 11 of the textbook, answer the following questions:
1. Discuss some of the ways that people might discover their purpose.
2. Where are you in the process of finding your purpose?
1. What might be some of the ramifications of living without purpose?
2. How might having purpose in life impact the way people live their daily lives and also make long term plans and decisions?