COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Complete Work Latest
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Discussion 1
What is the nature of the value system most prevalent in your life? Why is it most prevalent?
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Discussion 2
What value system did your parents impress on you when you were young? How has this affected you as an adult?
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Journal Reflection 6
Each week, you are required to submit a journal entry of a minimum of 150 words, addressing a specified topic.
Describe the types and sources of value systems that drive most of your daily decisions and serve as a deterrent to intrusive persuasion. Craft your response so that it correlates with the Topic 6 text, lectures, and discussions.
GCU style is not required, but solid writing skill is expected.
COM 231 Grand Canyon Week 6 Assignment Value Systems Essay
Choose an essay from the “COM-231 Essays” resource.
Use the GCU eLibrary to locate at least two additional resources to support your essay.
Write a 500-750-word essay that explains the value system it addresses and how it is used or not used as persuasion in decision making and attitudes.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word docCOM 231 Essays
- George Orwell: “Politics and the English Language”http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0300011h.html#part42
- For arguments sake; why do we feel compelled to fight about everything?
- Wasserman “Fan Profanity” Suggested alternate: Wasserman, Howard M., Cheers, Profanity, and Free Speech in College Sportshttp://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=574165
- Luis Poza: “Arguing on the Internet” http://www.blogd.com/archives/001579.html
- Alison Olson “the Zenger Case Revisited”http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=3864964&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- Nat Hentoff “Expelling Huck Finn”http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/docview/408537066?accountid=7374
- James Twitchell But First a Word from our Sponsorhttp://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=9607301973&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- Sairra Patel The Media and its representation of Islam and Muslim womenhttp://www.themodernreligion.com/women/w_media.htm
- Richard Price A Discourse on the Love of our countryhttp://www.constitution.org/price/price_8.htm
- James Ledbetter The Culture Blockadehttp://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=7598230&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- Jonathan Weber The Ever-Expanding, Profit-Maximizing, Cultural-Imperialist, WonderfulWorld of Disneyhttp://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.02/disney.html
- Thomas Jefferson The Declaration of Independencehttp://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration.html
- Emma Goldman Patriotism a menace to libertyhttp://sunsite.berkeley.edu/goldman/Writings/Anarchism/patriotism.html
- Leslie Marmon Silko The Border Patrol Statehttp://www.tucsonweekly.com/tw/09-26-96/cover.htm
- Henry David Thoreau “Civil Disobedience”http://thoreau.eserver.org/civil1.html
- Martin Luther King Jr Letter from Birmingham Jailhttp://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html
- Sojourner Truth Ain’t I a woman?http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/sojtruth-woman.asp
- Jeff Jacoby Who’s white? Who’s Hispanic? Who cares?http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/docview/405399505?accountid=7374
- George Woodcock the tyranny of the clockhttp://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~rrojas/TyrannyofClock.html
- Neil Postman Virtual students, digital classroomshttp://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=9510201721&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- Anna Quindlen a new look an old battlehttp://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2001/04/08/a-new-look-an-old-battle.html
- Bushra Iqbal: “In favor of using sexist and racist language”