ACC 486 Grand Canyon Week 8 Complete Work
ACC 486 Grand Canyon Week 8 Discussion
Find the financial statements for a publicly traded company, and calculate the company’s z-score. Identify (approximately 100 words) whether you think the company is at risk for financial failure, based upon its z-score and other factors that you find about the company. Post a link to the financial statements with your initial post, and include the company name in the subject line. Do not choose a company in which one of your classmates has already posted. To participate in the follow-up discussion, choose one of the companies that a classmate has reviewed, examine the company’s financial statements, and provide your own commentary on it. All posts should be grammatically correct and proofread for spelling.
ACC 486 Grand Canyon Week 8 Assignment
1) Analyze a publicly traded company’s financial statements for the prior five years. Include the following items as supplemental schedules to the analysis, prepared as individual worksheets within an Excel spreadsheet:
- a) Horizontal analysis of the prior five years’ income statement and balance sheet.
- b) Vertical analysis of the prior five years’ income statement and balance sheet.
- c) Calculation of at least five significant liquidity ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
- d) Calculation of at least five significant profitability ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
- e) Calculation of at least five significant long-term debt-paying ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
- f) Calculation of at least five significant investor ratios for each of the five years analyzed.
2) Prepare a paper (10-15 pages) that analyzes the financial strengths and weaknesses of the company examined.
- a) The analysis should reference significant items found in the income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, horizontal analysis, vertical analysis, and ratio analysis of the company examined.
- b) A competitor analysis and comparison to industry averages should be presented.
- c) A summary identifying whether the company would be attractive to investors and/or creditors must be included.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.